Tuesday, February 10, 2015

HDR Photography

HDR photography is multiple pictures taken at different exposure levels and are layered to make the exposure of the picture balanced. HDR means High Dynamic Range. I like HDR photography because it makes the pictures a bit nicer. Also, you can see some of the darker areas and if the sun is in the shot it doesn't washout the photo. Using the HDR setting on my phone helps me with my sunset or sunrise shots because I can see some of the mountain and the sun doesn't look like a huge flash and the colors look a bit more natural.

If you want to take an HDR photo, here's how. First you need to take your pictures, when you take the pictures you need to take them at different exposure levels (-3,-2,-1,0,+1,+2,+3). Once you get all of your pictures you need to open photoshop. File>Automate>Merge to HDR pro. Your going to wanna check the "Attempt to align" box. After your photos load, sometimes you can see these things called "Ghosts". Ghosts happen because your subject or something in your picture moved. You can click the "Attempt to remove ghosts" box. You can edit your photo to make it look surreal or true to life. Believe it or not, there is a difference between HDR on an Iphone and HDR that you take yourself. The difference between the two is that HDR on an Iphone has only three exposure levels. But when you take the pictures yourself it has seven or more exposure levels.

The thought process of my experiment was that I wanted to have a nice background but a nice portrait at the same time. So I tried my best to place her in one of the rule of thirds points. I put the word "dream" because I wasn't too sure on what word would work with her face. I made her bigger because it wasn't in the rule of thirds mark. The thought process of my landscape was that I wanted my coconut tree in it so I put the camera so I could see the tree and the part of the town too.







15 comments:

  1. good word
    not good lighting
    good backround

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great rule of thirds.
    The word needs to be a little more legible.
    I like how the sun is on her right which makes it look as if she was actually there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice landscape has the golden hour
    word a little to small
    nice rule of thirds

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really surreal.
    The word is small.
    The rule of thirds is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks surreal.
    The words is small and the shadow on her face is a little weird.
    That tree looks cool. Thats a nice tree...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The superimpose looks very realistic in my opinion. The text could be placed elsewhere, but beautiful landscape!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really good rule of thirds
    The word isn't large and in charge
    The landscape is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your landscape!!!!
    I think you could've made your person brighter!
    I love your experiment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The tree blocks out the sun which makes the rays spread out
    The sun is shining from the wrong place on the persons face
    The word is kinda small...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your landscape photo!
    One thing that could be improved is her face because her face is dark.
    I also like that you have the rule of thirds!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice rule of thirds
    you could put the word a little more towards the bottom

    ReplyDelete
  12. Compliment:Great rule of thirds
    Improvement:The word overlaps with the tree
    Compliment:Great background

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your background image.
    The word should be bigger and moved down.
    I like your over all image.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Complement: The picture's surrealism is amazing.
    Criticism: The word should be in the sky and maybe you can move the girl to the right so you can see the town view.
    Complement: 2 Focal points.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how it looks surreal!
    The word is a little to small.
    I love the landscape!

    ReplyDelete