Monday, November 30, 2015

Scratch Game Design



(I have used the rarest pepe of them all (Triton pepe) for my freedom game)
When we first started coding, we started by using code.org and doing some simple code. After that, we began using scratch (another coding website) and began making our own games. Our first game we made was a chase game (A game where either the main sprite gets chased or vice versa) and our
second game was a platformer game. I think having a little experience with coding helped us because we understood most of the pieces of coding. Honestly, I could code for hours but I'd still fail.

The best features in my games would have to be my sprites. Well, they technically aren't my sprites but I like the ones I chose. For  my platformer game I drew it myself! (There wasn't much creativity or thought put in to my sprite. It's just a black box with a derpish face on it). To me, my platformer sprite was a lot better because it's custom and lots of people chose the ocean theme so whatevers.

My best code game was my chase game. It was the best one because I actually was able to get my sprite to move, to where my chase game I couldn't get it to move at all. For my chase game I couldn't get the "Chasers" to chase my sprite. I ended up fixing it by asking my friend for help and looked at his code for an example and it all worked out. For my platformer game the most complicated thing to do was getting the blocks that are supposed to fall... fall. I also couldn't get my stinking sprite to move at all!! (I still didn't fix that oops .-.)

7 comments:

  1. I love it how the theme matches the characters. When I pressed play, the crab did not move for about 3 seconds. What happened to your timer and score? Maybe you can set your timer to a certain amount of time and then the score increases as the crab moves around without touching the predators. Awesome work on your crab movements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leilia! Loving how you added more than 1 chaser sprite, but try turning their blocks per step lower.
    (I almost got a heart attack when they came flying at me!) Overall your setting and storyline is very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Leilia, great background design looks very cool. So pretty sure you know what is wrong, you could fix your sprite not moving by adding in sensing code that allows you to when you press a key to change you x, y coordinates by so and so spaces, overall cool design and when you get you sprit to move I am sure it will be a cool game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heyyy Lia! Really like the background lol it looks pretty rad! I know you already know what the problem is but you could make your sprite move by using sensing blocks for when you press a key it would move a certain amount of spaces. Overall, The game has a really nice design and i'm sure t will be a fun game once you fix the sprites ability to move.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I really like your sprite! And I'm sure everyone that is commenting is saying that you should make it move and that's what I'm going to say because its not a game if your character can't even move haha! Anyways, I also really like your background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice background, reminds me of "Finding Nemo" but the sharks and the octopus move too fast for the crab.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how all your sprites and backgrounds match, but your time and score variables weren't doing anything, but I liked your game in the overall.

    ReplyDelete