Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Animated Life Lessons

P1T4 Raiden Commentates Dance Battle from Kapaa Middle School MEDIA on Vimeo.

In our recent animation project, my teammates are Raiden Kurisu and Talia Washington. Our teams personal character traits are weirdness, coolness (lol), and our nerdy selves. In our  video Talia is the nerd and I'm the bully. Raiden is like the announcer cause he's kewl (yup he's so cool it's spelled different haha). Anyways, since Talia is the nerdy one it represents her inner smartness (I'm not sure if that makes sense). Since I'm the bully I'm the one who thinks their top dog and is cooler than Talia (I don't have much nerd in me lol). Raiden is a combination of all in this video.

Our whole story has a couple life lessons. Don't underestimate people, don't bully anyone, except eveyone for who they are, and to not judge anyone by their looks. The life lessons in our story relate to us (especially now since we're middle schoolers) there's lot s of bullying because people don't like each other for who they are. Whether it's something someone wears, eats, who they hangout with, they just hate which i think is really dumb. I'm pretty sure whoever is reading this has been bullied at one point in their life. Nobody's perfect, everyone has flaws. We placed humor in our stories by making it like a fight but instead of having punching and hitting it's a dance battle. Since using puppet warp is kinda hard, our dance moves turned out pretty funny *insert laughing emoji*.

Our work productivity was pretty good. I'm not so good at animating so Talia and Raiden did most of the animation. I made some backgrounds and tried animating. The biggest challenge we faced was using the puppet warp tool. It was the first time we ever used this tool and well.. It was hard to use. If you wanted an arm to move it would make your shoulder weird and the rest of your body would turn with it so you had to remember to put a pin on your body. The best moment of the whole production was listening to our voice over for the first time. Since Talia and I were both absent on the day we needed to film Raiden recorded it.





No comments:

Post a Comment